16 July 2010

Dateline: Somewhere south of York

I came down to London yesterday by train to visit the Museum of London, which has in its large costume collection the original costumes worn by Fred Terry to play Sir Percy Blakeney in The Scarlet Pimpernel circa 1905. Yes, this is research for my dissertation, Yes, the humanities can reach mind-boggling levels of esoteric impracticality.

Anyway, I just found it amusing to write a blog post via wireless internet from a moving train. I am, as the title suggests, somewhere south of York, and I have at least three hours on the train to go (the UK is a lot smaller than the US, but as we learned on our trip to the Shorkneys, that north-south distance is pretty hefty - comparable to the US eastern seaboard.)

Chugging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment